Coronavirus COVID-19 Preparedness
We understand the importance of providing continuum of care for patients, from initial evaluation to discharge without interruption. We will be keeping The Gait Center open to patients, but with the restrictions listed below for both patients and employees. This is in keeping with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and other state/local health recommendations. The following screening questions will be asked of all patients scheduling by phone and upon entering. Answering “Yes” to the following questions will require the recommended 14-day quarantine period before returning to our clinic:
- Are you experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms? (Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath, etc)
- Have you had contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or exhibiting symptoms?
- Following CDC screening guidelines regarding International Travel and adding our own precautions, we assess the risk of any travel
- Have you traveled anywhere outside of your local community?
- Method of travel? (car, plane, cruise)
- Is the destination considered a hot spot at the time?
- Safety of overnight accommodations?... and exposure to others?
We have a Touch Free Entrance:Thanks to our automatic door opener, no one touches the lobby door entering or leaving. Please use your elbow to push the wall-mounted button to activate the door.
Screening Station and Temperature Checks:Upon entering our lobby, each patient and employee must stop at our screening station to have their temperature taken by a forehead thermometer, and are asked screening questions related to symptoms, exposure, and travel. Patients and staff exhibiting a temperature of 100 or higher, will be asked to go home and continue to monitor their symptoms. They will be advised to consult with their medical doctor if symptoms persist.
Arrival time:We ask that patients arrive and enter the building at the “top of the hour”…right at your appointment time. Please do not enter the building early. This will allow us time to usher all other patients out of the building, minimizing the number of people you come in contact with….as well as, allow us time to clean and fully sanitize all areas in-between patients.
- All bathrooms and commonly used surfaces/high touch items (door handles, counters, equipment, etc.) are sanitized every hour.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use in all rooms and in lobby.
- Signs for proper handwashing and respiratory etiquette are posted throughout the office.
- Patients are strategically spaced out, to maintain a great span of social distancing. You will not be on treatment tables lined up next to one another!
For those that need/want to come in, we are creating the safest space we possibly can, to be able to treat you with minimal risk. Our team is committed to keeping you safe, healthy, and strong!
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns. 804-523-2653 or email@example.com.